Brilliant idea. No Investors. Pay for a mail out through an Angel Network. Email Venture Capital funds. Lots of interest. But it all goes away. Why? What did you do wrong? Let’s look at it from an Investors’ point of view... why do they drop those “perfect” investments?
In 2010 I’ve written 36 blogs covering topics and areas of interest to entrepreneurs and investors. The focus is that of an investor looking for the least risky investment propositions to place his hard earned cash, time and experience for a good return. But what did the readers of these missives think was most enlightening?
I started writing the 36 blogs in March 2010 in order to provide some realistic views of the Business Angel Investment world. I’ve covered some of the problems Investors find and think about when looking for businesses to invest in. What’s the best way to invest? What are signs of a poor investment? How does the Business Angel world perform?
Here are the top five articles (by most viewed):
- 7 Ways to Lose Business Angels (30-Mar). Covers the sins that entrepreneurs commit when presenting their proposition to Business Angels.
- 8 Ways a Business Angel can spot a failure (27-Apr). A blog that gives signs that all is not good with a proposition and can lead to it being filed in the bin within 30 seconds.
- What is the Difference Between Venture Capital and Business Angels? (2-Jun). A factual blog written because I’ve been asked this question so many times.
- Where Investors Meet Entrepreneurs (26-Oct). A report on group called South West Founders which comprises entrepreneurs and want-to-be entrepreneurs in the South West of England.
- The Angel World Facts and Figures (10-Aug). A summary of statistics for investment and exit from several reports about the Angel Investment world.
Here’s looking forward to a more exciting 2011 since the pundits are telling us that we are heading out of a recession and can expect continued slow growth…