From 9:30 to 16:30 you will learn and put into action knowledge from world renowned experts with a cohort of like minded entrepreneurs.
This workshop introduces you to the key players in the Startup Scene, explains where the easy and hard money is, and examines the impact of company growth on you as the CEO/Entrepreneur. You will learn the “Startup Jargon” as well as how to manage your most scarce resource: Your Equity.
There are no pre-requisites for this course – only the requirement to come with an open mind and lots of questions!
What you receive
- Set of slides (used on the day)
- Dilution calculation spreadsheet
- Jargon dictionary
- Recommended reading list
Introduction to Startup World in Sydney
- Garages, Shared Workspaces, Hubs, Incubators & Accelerators
- Finding the right people, A’s hire A’s
- Mentoring, Coaching & Education
Funding ladder – Zero to IPO
- Equity share allocation – pre first-round – founders, friends & family
- Financial instruments available – Trusts, Superannuation, RBF, SAFE
- Funding options – from family, loans, government, crowd, RBF, equity to IPO
- Overview of funding round process – Documentation, Due Diligence, Negotiation, Exchange
Impact of company growth on the Entrepreneur & availability of funding
- Separation of functions – growth of advisory board & Non-Executive Directors
- Exit Options