Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.briandorricott.com.au.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device when you interact with online content (such as websites) that allows us to recognise and remember your browser. When you visit our site, cookies gather and store some information about the way you use our website.
The information we collect from cookies allows us to provide you with a better experience because our website stores your preferences as you browse. Some types of cookies also perform essential functions to enhance how our website works.
Types of cookies we use
- Session cookies: we use session cookies to link the actions of a user on our website during a browser session. Session cookies are used for a number of reasons, such as remembering items in your shopping cart. Session cookies are usually erased when you close your browser. For example: When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Persistent cookies: we use persistent cookies on our website to remember user information and settings across our website. Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions for a set period of time. For example: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- First and third-party cookies: First party cookies are set by us on our website. We may also use third-party cookies on our website, such as for the purposes of analysing usage of our website.
- enable the essential site features and value-added support services on our website;
- improve the performance and usability of our website;
- personalise content;
- provide social media features;
- analyse site behaviour and website traffic;
- build an aggregated profile of the visitors on our website;
- advertise our promotions, value-added products and services to our customers.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser?
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies to be set on it, by changing your cookie settings in your browser. If you disable all cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website may not work.
Further information on how to manage or disable cookies in your browser are set out below:
- Click here for Google Chrome
- Click here for Internet Explorer
- Click here for Firefox
- Click here for Safari
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.